Raising the standard for nutraceutical solutions
Adamas Biotech’s initial pipeline is based on HPLC characterized, 100% natural formulations of green tea purified compounds. Our core IPR and knowhow, however, is broad and cover the potential application of our technology-platform to the purification and commercialization of molecules from a wide range of botanicals that can be developed using a scientific-nutraceuticals approach. Integral to our product development pathway is to conduct clinical trials for clinical indications in order to scientifically ascertain product quality and efficacy, and ultimately obtain EFSA health claim approval.
We exclusively source the leaves of Camellia sinensis form the spring harvest of tea sprouts, the part of the phyto complex rich in bioactive ingredients. Our rigorous SOPs require that the plant extracts are regularly tested for contamination and microbiological purity, and obtained through sustainable practices.
We extract catechins from the green tea plant using a patented methodology that guarantees highest degree of bioavailability and near zero levels of alkaloids including caffeine, permitting evening consumption and combined therapies. Our formulations are analytically characterized and standardized to the highest degree of purity available on the market at 95% green tea catechins. Our diversified formulations are optimized to most effectively target the relevant molecular pathways for the indications for which they are developed.
Adamas Biotech’s current pipeline includes formulations for use in prostate cancer prevention, wound care, psoriasis, alopecia, skincare and sports medicine.
Clinical benefits of Green Tea Extracts (GTEs)
Well-documented scientific literature culminated over the years demonstrates that GTEs- and particularly green tea catechins display antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumorigenic, analgesic and anti-aging properties.
Concordantly, Adamas Biotech’s in-house research points to the following properties of GTEs:
- Anti-tumorigenic: Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate (EGCG)- present at the highest doses available on the market in Adamas Biotech’ products- blocks neo-angiogenesis, inhibiting the progression and metastasis of some tumors.
- Cardiovascular: stimulate vasodilation and blood circulation, decrease cholesterol levels, decrease CHD risk, disaggregate beta-amyloid, improve mental health and prevent development and progression of neurodegenerative diseases;
- Anti-inflammatory: GTEs are effective in combatting psoriasis and reducing seborrhoea and inflammation of the scalp through modulation and rebalancing of sebum production;
- Antioxidant: anti-aging properties that can be exploited in dermatological applications;
- Endurance: improve physical endurance, and help in the management of body weight and cholesterol levels, with increased oxidation of fats and preservation of lean body mass;
- Oral health: promote oral health (antibacterial, antifungal, anti-cariogenic and antiviral) and normal intestinal function. Help to drain body fluids.
Our commitment to sustainability
Our rigorous SOPs require that our green tea plant extracts be obtained through sustainable practices.
Since the production of catechins from green tea grown in fields closely depends on the knowledge and resources rooted in the Orient, we are working on the genetic modification of a suitable host for the production and purification of green tea catechins that will no longer necessitate their derivation from Camellia sinensis. This would render the production and purification of the catechins independent of the original tea plant, whereby the entire process can be controlled in a BIO-Farm, allowing for both environmental sustainability and maintenance of product quality to specification.